Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

CP to the racist cunts that did this.

6 Likes

Agree but probably a single, lonely cunt destined to stay that way.

1 Like

yes , quite a bit of damage . very upsetting indeed

How the fuck do council employees receive a bonus? A bonus for what? Massive CP to the fuckers who set this up in the first place? And another uppercut to the nadgers of those who thought it would be a good idea to pay it while people are still waiting to be rehoused after the dreadful fire.

1 Like

Probably performance related pay, received for excelling against your start-of-year objectives.

It was a management fad during the 1980’s and 90’s. As always govt started to pick it up just as most of the private sector was realising what a poor idea it was and ditching it. In some sectors it works because objectives can be clearly set and objectively measured and there’s lots of money available to make it worth fighting for. In govt neither of these things is (usually) true. Workers need to respond to ‘events’, so start-of-year objectives can become invalid quickly. Objectives struggle to identify creativity, compassion, flexibility, resolution, insight etc etc all of which can be important if you’re trying to distinguish between, say, the ‘deserving’ and the ‘undeserving’ needy. Money’s so short that the bonuses make no real difference to the few that get them but really piss off and demotivate the many who don’t.

VB

2 Likes

This week as I suspect many others have I have been updating mine and some of my teams objectives. As you state events change things and two of my own objectives have fallen by the wayside although I have added a couple as well. We used to, but no longer have a link to pay or one off payments which takes away for many any incentive to complete them well. However when we did the internal rumour mill got quite decisive as people assumed, sometimes incorrectly that certain teams were more generous in awarding high marks than others. We have tried to introduce other factors but haven’t been very good at describing until the end of the reporting year what they actually mean/look like in the real world.

This in the public sector although I prefer not to share where. However I would be interested to know what successful approaches others may use in either the public and private sector.

I understand the whole objective setting thing (it’s one of the many reasons why I got out of full time employment and went rogue as a contractor) but councils are so cash strapped at the moment how can they even contemplate bonuses when they are cutting back on services left, right and fucking centre. Makes me fecking livid!

We were an NDPB so, in a way like councils, were semi-detached from central government. However PRP was government policy so we were told to set aside a fraction of the paybill for it. It wasn’t optional. These are politicians - so dogma trumps need every time.

VB

I wish the BBC would not rattle cages with this sort very wooly detailed stuff.
Not everybody working for the council is guilty.

we just had yet more bin strikes over bonuses paid to non striking binmen, its a nightmare

Not Kensington and Chelsea, they’re the richest council in the country, I recall much fulmination at their response to Grenfell because they were sat on a massive cash surplus at the time.

Even if they have the money there are probably better things the money could have been spent on.

Oh yes, I agree.

1 Like

One of the petrol dealers that I have to keep happy has been winding me up something rotten today :tired_face: A cp is not nearly enough, he deserves one of these :angry:

APAdzn7s_2019424060022

10 Likes

oh my gosh , first FGM then breast ironing !!! whatever next

Same shite performance pay system the whole civil service uses, there are variants, but essentially driven by Government policy. Bonuses are not pensionable, quelle fucking surprise. My current management twats got sucked into the whole American corporate wank fest, our performance pay last year cost more to administer than it spent!

That’s what come of putting second rate Boards in charge of the ,majority of the public sector, it really is a fucking scandal on a national scale.

Cunts the lot of them.

4 Likes

CP to our vet who has decided to close the local branch which is 5 mins drive away. Now we’ll have to drive 15 mins with the destructor cats howling their heads off to the main branch. Or, we could just change vet to the one 2 minutes drive away…

:thinking:

3 Likes

We did similar and then sadly the more local/better vet merged with the mega corporate one that seems to be taking over most of North London.

they all seem to be doing that