Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

I was tempted by this one ? Would you recommend it ?

Yes, it seems excellent apart from the adverts. For the price, Ā£87 + Ā£23 for adapters I think it would be hard to beat.

1 Like

No dab?

Looks a bargain , if I can still get my 20% discount at halfrauds

1 Like

Fucking ā€˜Love Islandā€™ can have one. Both ā€˜Listening room 1ā€™ and ā€˜Listening room 2ā€™ are occupied by SWMBO and daughter, watching on separate TVā€™s.

On the up side, Iā€™ll have to continue sitting in the garden, getting progressively more pissed. :+1:

9 Likes

Every cloud and all that :beers:

1 Like

Raspberry Pi Foundation. They release the Pi 4, which has some seriously useful advances (especially in metworking and I/O, useful if you use it as a server). So I bought one and got it running.

But it has a serious heat problem. At idle, just running the GUI, the thermal throttling comes on, itā€™s well over 80 centigrade. So I took the lid off the case (the case it comes with), turned off the GUI and itā€™s 66 degrees at idle. Still too hot really, if it gets busy itā€™ll have issues.

So Iā€™m forced into this:

Thatā€™s a quiet 12V fan plugged into (5V) USB to make it even quieter. Temperature is now 43 degrees, device is safe. Until the fan falls off.

The engineers probably wanted a heat sink, but the accountants wouldnā€™t give them the budget. :joy:

1 Like

streaming faff less interesting than tape faff

6 Likes

And the designer probably rejected it because it would have ruined the caseā€™s aesthetics.

VB

1 Like

I dunno, I did have to check which pins in a USB plug are for power and solder it up. There was bodge faff.

1 Like

???

Thatā€™s the weather sensor system

2 Likes

Any recruitment consultant who sends me an email entitled ā€œPioneering Cloud Native FinTech Disruptorā€ and expects me to do anything other than punch them in the cock, needs a punch in the cock.

11 Likes

So, let me get this straight; your wife and daughter are watching the same thing on different televisions in different rooms at the same time?

I would suggest that perhaps you need a knee in the nadgers for allowing this but it looks like you donā€™t have anyā€¦

7 Likes

AEG can have one , rather nice solid washing machine blew up yesterday I have been informed with smoke coming from it and is now defunct , only lasted 5 years which is rather surprising as they normally last longer !! being rather a sucker i will be replacing it with same as i rather like them and they build quality . lets hope this one lasts longer . Had a look at a cheaper hoover but their control knobs look like something out of a christmas cracker !!

You sure about that?

2 Likes

Sorry Phil, but if you are giving a cockpunch to a manufacturer who has built something shit that has failed, and you are going to replace it with the same, it is your good self who needs to line up for a boot to the 'nads !

6 Likes

Ha , well miele is way overpriced , samsung I don`t know much about , Bosch was a bit more , bekoā€¦ well definately not , Grundig ? i thought they made hi fi in the past and Hotpoint which is ok . thing is they get a bit of a beating in folks houses and all the aeg i have had have lasted longer so i am hoping its just a blip !! I 5 years you can all tell me off when i moan its blown up again!!

AEG for tenants! You must be mad. Beko all the way.

What did the tenants put in it?