Obituaries

Wilko passed away in his sleep and was found by his son on monday evening. He had been in good from and we all last met in October, when he headlined at The Shepherd’s Bush Empire. The day before he died, I was thinking about when to visit him in Southend for a catch up and lunch. Sadly that never happened.
All of his friends are deeply saddened at his unexpected passing. He did have a second coming with 9 extra years, for which he and his family were so grateful.
He was such an intelligent and insightful man with a rapier like wit. Visits would always end up in hoots of derision, as he regaled us with more stories. Conversation would often be interspersed with quotes from Shakespeare or Milton. We would talk about whether the moon should appear upside down, when viewed in New Zealand. Or how he ended up buying a £500 drone, when going out to buy a roll of gaffer tape to fix his observatory.
He was unique. A ground breaking guitarist, but also a very humble guy who wasn’t really bothered about the money. He just wanted to perform and give his fans a great show. I’m just pleased that he carried on right to the end. RIP

39 Likes

You did your bit to ensure we had another 10 years to enjoy his talent and personality so thanks for that.

3 Likes

Guy, it wasn’t a difficult spot really. My friend Emanuel Huguet and his team at Addenbrooke’s did all the hard work. I’m just glad that he could carry on doing what he loved for many more years.

11 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Beautiful, beautiful words.
Thank you :hugs:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Great player, great man.

4 Likes

Really nice guy.

1 Like
2 Likes

Can still hear Bill McLaren: “Here comes Doddie Weir, 19 stones on the hoof”.

Rest in peace. 52 is no age.

11 Likes
3 Likes

Oh fuck.

:cry:

1 Like

Ah, bollocks.

Pish

Fuck, so sad.

Fuck :pleading_face:

I’m genuinely upset. Playing this now with a little tear in my eye.

https://youtu.be/C_JdKJQPS9I

2 Likes

Gutted - love so much of Fleetwood Mac

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohx9Ve7-GS0

There has always been a place in heart for this pre FM Christine Perfect

5 Likes

Takes some balls to cover an Etta James number but she just about pulls it off.

2 Likes